Last Update: 4:10 p.m. Wednesday
A roughly 400-acre brush fire on the grounds of Camp Pendleton was 90 percent contained this afternoon, about 24 hours after it broke out.
Earlier reports of the fire being fully contained appear to be incorrect.
The blaze, possibly sparked by live-fire training, began spreading to the northeast across open terrain in the Aliso Canyon area of the Marine Corps installation about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to base officials.
The fire has caused no reported injuries and has posed no threats to structures, said Cpl. Christopher Duncan of the base's public affairs office.
A brush-clearing controlled burn had been scheduled to take place in the southeast reaches of the base earlier Tuesday, but the operation was called off, according to Duncan. The corporal said he did not know what prompted the cancellation.
Officials anticipate the fire to be 100 percent contained by Thursday afternoon, according to the Camp Pendleton Scout's Facebook page.
—City News Service contributed to this report.