Varsity Football Games Summary:
Great Oak 3 Vista Murrieta 43
Great Oak 3 0 0 0 3
Vista Murrieta 7 23 3 10 43
Great Oak Wolfpack highlights:
- Junior quarterback Laquan Williams completed 12 of 17 passes and 128 yards.
- Junior receiver Brandon Presley caught six passes for 62 yards. His longest was a 28-yarder.
- Junior running back Jonathan Hernandez rushed seven times for 63 yards. His longest carry was for 18 yards.
- Junior linebacker Alejandro Gonzalez had the best night for the Wolfpack on defense with his seven tackles, five as solo.
- Hernandez and Gonzalez shared one sack of the Bronco quarterback.
- Junior defensive back Nick Fisher had one huge interception for 79 yards.
- Senior punter Mateo Lopez averaged 40.5 yards on his two punts.
- Senior kicker Keita Calhoun was successful in scoring the Wolfpack’s lone points for the game with his 30-yard field goal late in the first quarter.
Record: 1-1 League (4-3 Overall)
Next up: An away game this Friday at Chaparral High School against the Pumas who are 2-0 in league (5-2 overall).
Chaparral 27 Temecula Valley 13
Chaparral 10 3 7 7 27
Temecula Valley 7 0 6 0 13
Chaparral Puma highlights:
- Sophomore quarterback Austin Reza was good on 15 of 21 passes for 275 yards and a touchdown.
- His primary receiver was senior wide receiver Franklin Shearer with six catches for 167 yards and a 40-yard touchdown.
- Junior running back William Riley had 14 rushes for 75 yards and one 3-yard touchdown.
- Sophomore running back Austin Smith had 13 carries for 59 yards.
- Senior kicker Jon Baron was two for two on field goals and converted his lone PAT attempt. Baron had a 42-yard field goal mid-way through the first quarter for Chaparral’s first score and a 32-yard field goal just before halftime.
Defensive statistics for the Pumas were not available at the time of publication at maxpreps.com.
Record: 2-0 League (5-2 Overall)
Next up: A home game this Friday versus Great Oak High School against the Wolfpack who are 1-1 in league (4-3 overall).
Temecula Valley Bear highlights:
- Senior quarterback Kyle Plantier scored the game’s first touchdown on a 60-yard rushing play early in the first quarter.
- Plantier had one long bomb of 70 yards to freshman wide receiver Zach Simon and was 19 of 53 for 255 yards with one interception.
- Simon had three catches for 96 yards.
- Junior wide receiver Dominique Maiden had five receptions for 56 yards and a 25-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter.
- Junior linebacker Manny Burgess kept right near his season average of 11.9 tackles per game with 11 on the night, eight solo.
- Seniors Dominique Mitchell and Connor O’Hara each recorded nine tackles, seven and eight solo, respectively.
- Senior Bailey Gallagher and Junior Jarrod Iwasaki had one sack each in their role as linebackers.
- Gallagher caused one fumble and senior Malik Bell was in the right place to recover the ball.
- Bear senior punter Nathan Chupp had a fine night averaging 48.7 yards on his three punts, his longest going for 61 yards.
Record: 0-2 League (2-5 Overall)
Next up: An away game this Friday at Murrieta Mesa High School against the Rams who are 0-2 in league (5-2 overall).
Linfield Christian 28 Calvary Murrieta 7
Linfield Christian 7 14 7 0 28
Calvary Murrieta 0 0 0 7 7
Linfield Christian Lions highlights:
- Senior quarterback Derek Rack threw eight completions on 14 attempts for 79 yards and a touchdown. He had one interception.
- Junior quarterback Connor Waite stepped in on two attempts, completing one of those for a five-yard TD pass to sophomore Greg Holt.
- Senior receiver Dallas House caught six passes for 61 yards and a touchdown.
- Junior running back Wilkins ReyZeir was the game’s top yard gainer with 106 yards on nine carries and two touchdowns. His longest play was for 57 yards.
- Holt also had a long run for 55 yards, finishing the night with ten carries for 90 yards.
- House led the defense with nine total tackles, five solo.
- Senior Caden Wakefield took care of business on his own with seven solo tackles.
- Wilkins and House combined on one quarterback sack while junior Cullen Baird recorded two of his own for a total 23-yard loss.
- Holt pulled down one interception for 37 yards.
- House recovered one fumble.
- Freshman Simeon Burns had one kickoff return for 20 yards.
- Sophomore kicker Michael Brown was perfect on his four PATs.
Record: 1-1 League (3-4 Overall)
Next up: An away game this Friday at the University of Redlands Stadium versus Arrowhead Christian High School against the Eagles who are 1-1 in league (6-1 overall).
Rancho Christian 12 Xavier Prep 42
Rancho Christian 0 0 0 12 12
Xavier Prep 28 14 0 0 42
Rancho Christian Eagle statistics for the game were not available at the time of publication at maxpreps.com.
Record: 1-2 League (3-4 Overall)
Next up: An away game this Friday at the Riverside Christian High School against the Cougars who are 1-1 in league (1-6 overall).