Varsity football games summaries:
Chaparral 21 Tesoro 24
Chaparral 0 0 7 14 0 21
Tesoro 0 14 0 7 3 24
Statistical game highlights were not available at maxpreps.com at time of publication.
Next up: An away game this Friday at El Rancho High School against the Santa Fe Chiefs who are 3-1.
Temecula Valley 34 Paloma Valley 49
Temecula Valley 0 12 14 8 34
Paloma Valley 14 14 7 14 49
Temecula Valley Bear highlights:
- Senior quarterback Kyle Plantier was 19 of 44 on pass completions for 253 yards, four TDs and one interception.
- Junior receiver Griffin Doran pulled down six of those passes for 83 yards.
- Junior receiver Kumar Kilambi only had three receptions, but two of those were for touchdowns.
- On defense, junior Manny Burgess had a career-like night with 20 tackles—13 of which were solo. Last week, Burgess had 19 tackles with 11 solos.
- Seniors Nathan Chupp and Bailey Gallagher each had nine tackles on the night.
- Gallagher and senior Dominique Mitchell intercepted the Paloma Valley QB Brent Boehm once each for 42 and 16 yards respectively.
- Chupp booted four punts for a 53.25-yard average. His longest was for a highlight-reel effort of 73 yards.
Next up: An away game this Friday at Tahquitz. The Titans are 3-1 and are coming off a 36-7 victory over Rubidoux.
Great Oak 42 Chino Hills 47
Great Oak 7 7 14 14 42
Chino Hills 14 20 13 0 47
Great Oak Wolfpack highlights:
- Playing catch-up in the second half, Great Oak suffered a heartbreaking loss at Chino Hills. They were led by junior quarterback Laquan Williams who was 20 of 38 for a season- and career-high 437 yards passing. With those passing yards, he had four TDs and two interceptions.
- Williams’ longest completion on the night was a 69-yard touchdown to Brandon Presley, the first score of the night with about one minute off the clock.
- Presley, a junior, would finish the night with three touchdown receptions on seven catches, racking up a season- and career-high night 263 yards.
- Williams also rushed 15 times for 67 yards and a touchdown.
- Junior Nick Fisher added 58 yards on nine carries and a touchdown. One scamper netted 19 yards.
- Two seniors, Raekwon Yates and Andrew Molinar, had nice receiving stats of their own with 83 and 78 yards respectively.
- On defense, senior Anthony Bandong had an impressive 13 solo tackles to go with three assists.
- Four sacks were inflicted on Chino Hills: two by junior Kevin Knight, one by senior Arhon Chua and one by sophomore Blake Garrison for a combined 27 yard loss.
- Senior Matt Hobby recovered one fumble.
- Senior Keita Calhoun was a perfect 6 for 6 on PATs and is now 17 of 18 on the season.
Next up: This Friday, the Wolfpack hosts the Summit SkyHawks who are currently 1-3 following a heartbreaker of their own at Rialto last Friday, 27-28.
Linfield Christian 14 Mission Prep (San Luis Obispo) 45
Linfield Christian 0 0 14 0 14
Mission Prep 7 14 14 10 45
Linfield Christian Lion statistics for the game were not available at the time of publication at maxpreps.com.
Next up: The Lions have a bye week; their next game is at home Oct. 11 versus Western Christian of Upland. The Fighting Lancers are currently 4-0 including a 41-16 win last week over St. Anthony.