1. With the exception of high temperatures in the 90s on Monday, cooler, fall weather was forecast for Temecula this week. Wednesday and Thursday should bring highs in the 70s, according to the National Weather Service. Overnight lows were forecast in the 50s, with patchy fog possible through mid-mornings.
2. Temecula City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Civic Center, 41000 Main St. Agenda items include but are not limited to: the appointment of two City Council members to serve on an ad hoc committee for the development of 90 acres off Ynez Road, near the construction site of Mercedes Benz of Temecula; the award of a $137,500 contract for pavement rehabilitation on three city bridges; and the purchase of 76 new trash and recycling receptacles for Old Town Temecula. To view the complete agenda, click here.
3. Donations of small items such as jewelry, glassware, china, tools and holiday ornaments, that can be stored and moved easily are sought by the The Temecula Valley Woman’s Club Museum Committee. Donated items will be sold during the Temecula Valley Museum’s Fall Biannual Bazaar scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 5. Proceeds from the club’s booth at the bazaar will be donated to the museum. Donations are being accepted through Wednesday, Oct. 2 at Temecula Valley Museum, 28314 Mercedes St in Sam Hicks Monument Park, Temecula. For more information, click here.
4. Temecula Community Services Department is gearing up to host its third annual Health, Wellness, Safety & Special Needs Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 at Temecula Civic Center. More than 100 agencies will provide information and resources to children, families, seniors and those with special needs. For more information, click here.
5. For some family fun, help Edwards Theatres celebrate the opening of “Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2.” The theater is holding a “Mascot Meet & Greet” from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28. Mascots from all over the Temecula Valley, such as Thunder from Lake Elsinore Storm, will be on hand for the event that will include fun and games, face painting and giveaways. Edwards Theatres is located at Promenade Temecula mall, 40750 Winchester Road, Temecula.