1. Moderate, sunny weather is expected in Temecula this week. High daytime temperatures will be in the mid-80s, according to the National Weather Service. Overnight lows should be around 50 degrees, with clear skies.
2. The Temecula Planning Commission is scheduled to hold public hearings at 6 p.m. Wednesday about two items: the modification of a conditional use permit for Aftershock Brewery, which seeks to extend its operating hours from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily to 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., as well as relocate to a different suite within the same building at 28822 Old Town Front Street; and conditions of approval for Belle Maison, a project consisting of 37 single-family homes that Lennar Homes seeks to build at the northwest corner of Butterfield Stage Road and Chemin Clinet, within the Margarita Village Specific Plan. Planning Commission meetings are open to the public and are held in Council Chambers at the Temecula Civic Center, 41000 Main St. Read this week’s complete agenda by clicking here.
3. Attention families: the deadline to submit entries in the City of Temecula’s annual Halloween Coloring Contest is approaching! Download the coloring page by clicking here, or pick one up at a recreation center near you and submit the entry no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18. Prizes in four age group categories will be distributed at the Halloween Family Carnival to be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25 at the Ronald Reagan Sports Park.
4. From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, the Regional Family, Youth and Health Task Force is hosting a public forum about the risks of sex trafficking among today’s teens. The forum, which is being held at Murrieta City Hall, One Town Square, is one in a series being facilitated by the task force that is comprised of public officials from all southwest Riverside County cities. To learn more about Thursday’s meeting , click here.
5. Also on Thursday, the Temecula Valley Unified School District is hosting a Special Education Transitional Services Fair from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Temecula Valley High School Mini Gym, 31555 Rancho Vista Road. The fair will offer information about programs and services for children, adolescents and adults with special needs. The fair is open to everyone. To learn more, click here.