1. Cool weather will continue in Temecula this week, with high temperatures ranging in the mid-60s, according to the National Weather Service. There is a chance of rain beginning Wednesday evening through the weekend. Overnight lows will range in the mid-40s.
2. The City of Temecula Planning Commission is scheduled to meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, to discuss and vote on major modifications to plans previously approved for a 6,000-square-foot restaurant at 31469 Rancho Pueblo Road off of Temecula Parkway, near Temecula Valley Hospital. New plans proposed by the applicant call for a 12,543-square-foot surgery center. Planning Commission meetings are open to the public and are held in Council Chambers at the Civic Center, 41000 Main Street.
3. Temecula Valley Hospital will host a six-chamber ribbon cutting at 9 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 21. The hospital will welcome Fallbrook, Lake Elsinore, Menifee Valley, Murrieta, Temecula Valley, and Wildomar Chambers of Commerce at a ceremony dedicated to enhancing essential partnerships within the region, according to a news release. At 31700 Temecula Parkway, Temecula Valley Hospital opened Oct. 15 as the region’s newest acute care facility. The hospital features 140 private patient rooms, 24-hour emergency care, advanced cardiac and stroke care, orthopedics and general medical care, and surgical specialties.
4. The City of Temecula and Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians are gearing up to host their first Pechanga Pu’éska Mountain Day Celebration. The event, which includes cultural food, exhibits and activities, will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 23 at the Civic Center, 41000 Main Street. Click here to read a news release about the festivities.
5. Need a reason to support your local schools? It’s officially American Education Week. The observance had its beginning in the aftermath of World War I.