1. Parents of children who use mobile digital devices such as cellphones are encouraged to attend a Temecula workshop Wednesday, Jan. 15. The workshop will include information and restrictions that can be used for the popular Apple, Droid and Kindle products. Click here for more information.
2. Following winter break, students of the Temecula Valley Unified School District returned to classes Monday. The district has a little homework for parents, too. The community is asked to give their input for TVUSD’s Local Control Accountability Plan. Click here to access a brief Web survey.
3. With the first flu death reported in Riverside County last week, there is no reason to delay getting vaccinated. Shots are available at doctors’ offices and many pharmacies, and the county offers free shots.
4. If you think your pet needs a makeover, Tuesday is the perfect day. It’s National Dress Up Your Pet Day, an event which dates back all the way to 2009. If you participate, send Patch a photo!
5. Attention self-employed individuals: Wednesday is the deadline for paying estimated taxes for the last quarter of 2013. The government shutdown in October delayed the start of the tax season, but not the date for payments.