Our area boasts two seasonal, outdoor rinks designed to put you in a holiday frame of mind:
- The outdoor rink at Riverside's Festival of Lights, located on the Main Street pedestrian mall between University and Mission Inn avenues. It's open through Jan. 4.
- Temecula on Ice, the annual holiday rink in Town Square Park, will be open Wednesday through Jan. 5. Check their Facebook page for schedules and costs.
There are also indoor venues, open year-round, but with extended holiday hours:
- Desert Ice Castle in Palm Desert
- LA Kings IceTown in Riverside
- Ontario boasts two, the Ontario Ice Skating Center and the Center Ice Arena
If you're up for a drive to the coast, the annual outdoor rink at the Hotel Del Coronado has been voted the coolest in the United States.